Oppenheim is one of Central and Eastern Europe’s most innovative law firms. We deliver our clients receive clear, simple and transparent legal solutions to our clients their problems. They rely on us to provide them with comprehensive legal support in all areas of Hungarian and international business through our team of over 40 forward- thinking and success- oriented lawyers and legal experts provides comprehensive legal support in all areas of Hungarian and international business.
With the establishment of our Vienna branch office in 2012, Oppenheim opened a new chapter in the firm’s international expansion with its first office outside Hungary. By providing a convenient contact point for clients situated in Western Europe, the Vienna branch office primarily services corporate clients active in Eastern European markets. We provide our clients located outside the region with a complete range of legal services throughout the whole of Eastern Europe. In addition, the Vienna branch office acts as a springboard for our Eastern European clients interested in Western European markets.
Our roots can be traced back as far as the 1989 regime change in Hungary. After the firms establishment, the lawyers of Oppenheim became one of the leading voices in the country’s legal market, which was at the time focused on the corporate sector and international market connections. Prior to 2007, the majority of Oppenheim’s lawyers were members of the network of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, a leading international law firm.
By 2005, it was clearly visible that Europe was experiencing the gradual segmentation of its market for legal services. Our firm recognized not only the need to be guided by regional standards and norms but also the ever stronger need to adapt international practice to suit local requirements. Having recognised these trends, our partners and senior associates decided to enhance their mode of operation by acting independently whilst at the same time maintaining a strategic relationship within an international legal network. Hence Oppenheim was launched in November 2007.
Oppenheim was founded by the collaboration of legal experts steeped in experience gained in the international arena. From its formation up until today, we have been supplying competitive law solutions to our clients in both the domestic and international business sectors.
We are a member of international legal associations, including Lexwork and First Law International. Through our strong international partnerships, we are able provide clients with the highest standard of legal support in all primary global markets.
Oppenheim has consistently received high rankings from Legal500, Chambers and Partners,
Practical Law Company and IFLR.
Our partners operate in the following fields:
- Dr Mihály Barcza attorney-at-law (Hungary) – banking and financing, capital markets, company and commercial
- Dr. Iván Bartal LL.M. attorney-at-law (Hungary) – intellectual property and information technology, corporate and commercial
- Dr Zsolt Cselédi attorney-at-law (Hungary) – employment, pension and benefits law
- Dr. Tamás Éless attorney-at-law (Hungary) – dispute resolution
- Dr Gábor Fejes LL.M. attorney-at-law (Hungary) – antitrust, competition and trade
- Dr Bulcsú Fenyvesi attorney-at-law (Hungary) – company and commercial
- Dr Tibor Kiss M. attorney-at-law (Hungary) – insolvency, restructuring and dispute resolution
- Dr Péter Horvai-Hillenbrand attorney-at-law (Hungary) – banking and finance
- Dr Gergely Légrádi attorney-at-law (Hungary) – regulatory, energy and public utilities
- Dr Zoltán Marosi LL.M attorney-at-law (Hungary) – antitrust, competition and trade
- Dr Zoltán Mucsányi LL.M. attorney-at-law (Hungary) – insolvency and restructuring, real estate and construction, projects and infrastructure
- Dr Klára Oppenheim attorney-at-law (Hungary), partner – dispute resolution
- Dr Márk Pintér attorney-at-law (Hungary), partner – real estate and construction
- Dr Ulrike Rein EU lawyer (attorney-at-law Vienna, EU Attorney), partner – regulatory, energy and public utilities, dispute resolution
- Dr Attila Terényi MBA, attorney-at-law (Hungary), partner – intellectual property and information technology, corporate and commercial
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Iván Bartal LL.M.
Phone: +361 486 2200